- Enter edit mode either by starting a new draft, or by visiting your story page, clicking the three-dot button in the top-right corner and choosing Edit story.
- In edit mode, click the three-dot button in the top-right corner of the page.
- From the drop-menu, click Share draft link.
- Copy the draft URL and share it with your friends.
Once you have published your story, you will have additional share options including access to a Friend Link for your story.
- In the app, tap your profile picture on the bottom bar.
- Tap the three-dot button in the top-right corner.
- Tap Stories.
- Scroll down to the draft you want to share and tap the three-dot button.
- Tap Share from the menu and share the draft through an app or copy draft URL to share it manually.
What happens when you share a draft URL with someone?
- Your draft is available to anyone logged in to a Medium account who has the URL; it is not locked or private.
- The reader can leave private notes for the author.
- Only the original story author can make edits (or editors if the draft is in a publication).
Getting feedback on drafts and thank you notes
When you share a draft URL with someone, they can leave you private notes on the draft to comment on highlighted parts of your story. Learn more about notes.
If they leave you a note on your shared draft, your post will automatically show a thank you note for that user when you publish your story.
If you'd rather not be mentioned, click Hide near your mention to hide it for other readers. The author of the note can hide it as well.