- Enter edit mode either by starting a new draft, or by visiting your story page, clicking the three-dot button in the top-right corner and choosing Edit story.
- In edit mode, click the three-dot button in the top-right corner of the page.
- From the drop-menu, click Share draft link.
- Copy the draft URL and share it with your friends.
Once you have published your story, you will have additional share options including access to a Friend Link for your story.
What happens when you share a draft URL with someone?
- Your draft is available to anyone logged in to a Medium account who has the URL; it is not locked or private.
- The reader can leave private notes for the author.
- Only the original story author can make edits (or editors if the draft is in a publication).
Getting feedback on drafts and thank you notes
When you share a draft URL with someone, they can leave you private notes on the draft to comment on highlighted parts of your story. Learn more about notes.