If you want to leave some feedback on an article in a private way, leaving a note is the best way to do so.
- On a draft or a published post, select the text you want to comment on.
- Click the lock 🔒 icon from the pop-up toolbar.
- Write your note.
If you do not see this option in the toolbar, it is because the author has turned off private notes.
Note: Notes are supported only on desktop.
- When you leave a note, it will be only visible to you and the author of the post. If the post is in a publication, the editors of the publication will also be able to see the note.
- The author will receive a notification letting them know that you left a note on their post.
- If you don't want anyone to leave private notes on your posts, you can turn them off in your Settings.