Why become a Medium member?
For $5/month or $50/year, Medium membership gives you:
- unlimited, ad-free access to all the stories on Medium
- our monthly magazine, exclusive columnists, and themed collections
- thousands of audio versions of popular stories
- curated daily selections from leading publishers and magazines
- Go to medium.com/membership and click Upgrade.
- Choose your subscription plan ($50/year or $5/month.)
- Choose the payment method. You can subscribe with your credit card or PayPal.
- Enter your credit card details and click Start my membership or click PayPal Checkout to subscribe with PayPal.
- In the app, tap your profile picture on the bottom bar.
- Tap Settings in the top-right corner.
- Tap Become a member.
- Choose your subscription plan ($50/year or $5/month) and confirm.
Want to gift a subscription to friends or family? Click here to learn more.
Get unlimited access to Medium
Once you become a member, you will be able to read every story published on Medium — including those behind our metered paywall. Those are the stories marked with the star icon ⭐ on the preview. Thousands of new stories are published for members every week from writers on Medium, including our monthly magazine and exclusive columns.
Support your favorite writers
When you read a story for members, a portion of your membership fee goes directly to the author. This way, Medium membership lets you support your favorite writers and helps them earn money.
Tip! Check out the Partner Program section to learn how to start monetizing your stories.
When you become a member of Medium, Stripe may make a temporary authorization of $1 to verify validity of the card. This temporary authorization will be credited back to you, and not charged.
Certain credit and debit cards are unable to initiate recurring charges based on geographical banking restrictions. As this is a banking regulation, it is beyond our control. We encourage you to contact your bank, verify if this restriction is applied to your bank account, and work directly with them to find resolution.
To work around this restriction, you can buy a gift subscription and send it to your own email address. The gift subscription costs $50 and works just like a regular annual subscription, but it's a one-time charge rather than a recurring one. This means you should be able to buy it using a credit/debit card that does not support recurring payments.
In-app purchases such as Medium membership are not covered by Family Sharing. Learn more here.