The Medium homepage is the place to go to quickly see the latest from your favorite writers and publications on the topics that matter to you most.
Your homepage is divided into two main sections: the feed and the sidebar.
On the top part, you can navigate to different feeds like "For you," "Following," and the topics you follow. Clicking on the + button you can follow additional topics.
- For you: Top stories based on your personalized recommendations.
- Following: All the stories published by the authors and publications you follow in reverse chronological order.
- Topic feeds: Recommended stories from the topics you follow.
- Staff picks: Curated stories recommended by our staff.
- Recommended topics: Topics we think might interest you.
- Who to follow: Popular authors we think you might like.
- Reading list: Latest stories that you've bookmarked to your Reading list.
Customizing your homepage
You can control what stories appear on your Medium homepage by:
- Following topics that you are interested in
- Following writers and publications from their profile pages and publication homepages
- Muting stories from writers and publications you don't want to see stories from
You can also search Medium stories, accounts, and publications using the search feature.
- Enter your search query in the search input in the top-left corner of the page.
- Click on the suggestions or tap Enter to see all the results.
- In the app, tap the magnifying glassicon on the bottom bar.
- Enter your search query and tap Search.