Mute an author or publication
- On your homepage, click the three-dot button on story preview.
- Click Mute author to mute the author, or Mute publication to mute the publication the story is published in.
- On your homepage, tap the and hold a story preview to open up a menu.
- Tap Mute author to mute the author, or Mute publication to mute the publication the story is published in.
What happens when you mute an author or publication?
- The post you muted from will be removed from your feed.
- All existing posts from the author or publication you muted will be removed from your feed when you refresh the page or relaunch the app.
- You won't see any of their posts on your homepage or in email digests.
- You can still follow the author and publication you muted, as well as view their profile page or publication homepage, but their content won’t be recommended to you in your feeds.
Managing muted accounts and publications
- On your homepage, click on your profile picture and click Settings.
- Scroll down to the Account section.
- Under Manage muted publications and authors, click Manage muted.
- In the app, tap your profile picture on the bottom bar.
- Tap Settings in the top-right corner.
- Tap Account.
- Under Manage muted publications and authors, tap Manage muted.