The Medium homepage is the place to go to quickly see the latest from your favorite writers and publications on the topics that matter to you most.
Your homepage is divided into three sections: featured stories at the top, a section of personalized stories for you beneath, and a right sidebar with quick links.
- Recommended stories
- Top stories recommended to you based on your personalized recommendations.
- Latest from following
- Notifications about new stories published by people (represented by circle profile pictures) and publications (square pictures) that you follow. Click All from following to read more stories.
- Topics you follow
- List of topics that you follow. Clicking on a topic shows you more of the recent featured stories from that topic.
- Trending on Medium
- Trending stories that are ranked according to the number of logged-in views with a decay over time. The decay is based on on the elapsed time since publishing the post. This ensures that the stories that show up are more recent. The stories are limited to those that meet Medium’s Distribution Standards. Trending is based on the view count, and not clap count. This means that stories can still show up there with little engagement on claps or responses if the view count is high.
- Reading list
- Latest stories that you've bookmarked to your Reading list.
- Story feed
- Other stories from topics that you follow, as well as recommendations made by the recommendation algorithm.
Customizing your homepage
You can control what stories appear on your Medium homepage by:
- Following topics that you are interested in
- Following writers and publications from their profile pages and publication homepages
- Muting stories from writers and publications you don't want to see stories from
You can easily search Medium stories, accounts, and publication using the search feature.
- Click on the magnifying glassicon in the top-right corner of the page.
- Enter your search query and press Enter.
- In the app, tap the magnifying glassicon on the bottom bar.
- Enter your search query and tap Search.