Enrolling in the Program
To join the Medium Partner Program, all you need to do is to link your Medium account with your bank account or debit card via Stripe. You'll find more information below.
Note: See this page to check if Stripe is available in your country.
- Go to medium.com/creators and click Join the Partner Program at the bottom of the page.
- Read and accept the Partner Program Terms.
- Connect your bank account or debit card with your Medium account by choosing the option relevant to you from the list and click Set up payments on Stripe.
- Fill out all the information required by Stripe to create your Stripe account. You must use your legal name, and not anonymized or pen names. To learn more about choosing the right type of Stripe account to your needs and setting up payments, see this article.
- Finish creating your Stripe account.
Once you enroll in the Partner Program, you will be able to publish stories on your own and start earning money from them. To learn how to make your story eligible to earn money, read this article.
Currently, Partner Program writers are paid every month based on how members engage with stories. Some factors include reading time (how long members spend reading a story) and applause (how much members clap). Each member’s $5/month subscription is distributed proportionally to the stories that the individual member engaged with that month. So if someone engaged with 10 stories in a given month, their monthly subscription would be distributed to those authors only.
Check out this section to learn more about recent Partner Program updates.
Yes. You can make this selection when you publish your story, for each story that you write.