Follow the steps below to remove your post from Medium’s paywall.
At the moment, you can only unmeter a post if you're in the Partner Program. We're working on adding functionality that gives writers who aren't in the Partner Program the option to unmeter previously metered posts. In the meantime, you can join the Partner Program to see the option to unmeter your posts.
- Enter edit mode by visiting your post page, clicking the three-dot button in the bottom-right corner and choosing Edit story.
- In edit mode, click the three-dot button in the top-right corner of the page.
- From the drop-menu, click Manage meter setting.
- Uncheck the Meter my story so it is eligible to earn money checkbox.
- Click Save. Your post is no longer behind the metered paywall.
Note: Only the story author can change their stories' paywall settings.