Coins, tokens, ICOs and other payments related to blockchain technology have seen a growth in popularity over the last several months. There has been a subsequent proliferation of information on Medium around these topics.
Medium does not approve or verify user-generated posts or accounts before publishing. As with any financial transaction, we urge you to protect yourself and your money with at least the following steps:
- Thoroughly research the information, company, and seller using third party sources before engaging in any transaction.
- Verify you are dealing with the company itself (not an impostor).
- Navigate DIRECTLY to trusted sites before initiating any payment.
- If you have any doubts whatsoever, do not engage in transactions.
For companies announcing ICOs, coins or tokens
While Medium is not in a position to independently verify every coin, token, or similar announcement published, we are instituting the following requirements for product and sale announcements and accounts related to these topics.
Posts and accounts which do not meet these standards may be considered spam and are subject to suspension, depending on context.
- Include a link to your active project domain in your user account bio.
- Use an email address from that domain as your registered Medium account email.
- Verify your email address with Medium if you have not, and maintain that email account actively.
- Link at least one consistently-branded social media account (Facebook or Twitter) to your Medium account. That social account should also link out prominently to the same domain as is included in your Medium user bio.
- Include a prominent about page with up-to-date contact information on your project website.
- Include only one wallet address maximum in a post.
You may not:
- Use an anonymous email address which is not linked to your project domain. (e.g., gmail, protonmail, mail.ru, etc.)
- Advertise or participate in bounty campaigns, pump and dumps, reviewing for reward, or other forms of brigading or inauthentic activity.
- Include or shortened URLs in your posts.
- Use or re-use content templates with slight modifications across multiple posts and accounts.
- Include multiple wallet addresses (or similar) in a post.