This error occurs when our auto-save feature fails, and we apologize if you are reading this message. You will typically see this error in the following instances:
- You have a browser extension that is interfering with the HTML code that generates the Medium editor, specifically the DOM.
- You are using an unsupported browser, but have modified it in a way to allow you access to the Medium editor.
- We are experiencing a bug.
To solve this problem:
- First save any work you have in the editor to your clipboard or a different document.
- Make sure you are using a supported Tier 1 browser with no modifications.
- De-activate any plug-ins or extensions you are running in your browser.
- Paste your work back into the Medium editor.
If the problem persists, please contact Medium support and we'll help you solve the problem.