**NOTE: If your post distribution setting is set to be part of the paywall, changing the post to unlisted will remove it from the paywall, and earnings eligibility. You MUST reset the distribution when listing the post again to resume earning.**
To set a post as unlisted while in edit mode:
- Enter edit mode either by starting a new draft, or by visiting your story page, clicking the button in the top-right corner and choosing Edit story.
- In edit mode, click the menu icon in the top-right corner of the page.
- From the drop-menu, click Manage unlisted setting.
- Click Yes to the question "Make this story unlisted?".
- Click Save.
Your story will now be unlisted.
Note: Publishing unlisted stories is not supported on mobile apps.
- Unlisted stories will not appear in the home feed, profile page, tag page, or search on Medium, nor will they appear in notifications or email digests.
- To share an unlisted story, simply share the URL of the post. Unlisted stories are not password protected, and anyone who has the link will be able to view the post.