To set a post as unlisted while in edit mode:
- Enter edit mode either by starting a new draft, or by visiting your story page, clicking the button in the top-right corner and choosing Edit story.
- In edit mode, click the menu icon in the top-right corner of the page.
- From the drop-menu, click Manage unlisted setting.
- Click Yes to the question "Make this story unlisted?".
- Click Save.
Your story will now be unlisted.
Note: Publishing unlisted stories is not supported on mobile apps.
- Unlisted stories will not appear in the home feed, profile page, tag page, or search on Medium, nor will they appear in notifications or email digests.
- To share an unlisted story, simply share the URL of the post. Unlisted stories are not password protected, and anyone who has the link will be able to view the post.