You can report copyright violations using this form.
Medium deals with copyright infringement on Medium Services in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
The address of Medium’s Designated Agent for copyright take-down notices is listed below.
Reporting Instances of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that Subscriber Content residing or accessible on or through Medium Services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address below:
- Identification of the work or material being infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location, with sufficient detail so that Medium is capable of finding it and verifying its existence.
- Contact information for the notifying party, including name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- A statement that the notifying party has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided in the notice is accurate and that the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
After removing material pursuant to a valid DMCA notice, Medium will immediately notify the Subscriber responsible for the allegedly infringing material that it has removed or disabled access to the material. Medium reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to immediately terminate the account of any Subscriber who is the subject of repeated DMCA notifications.
Submitting a DMCA Counter-Notification
If you believe you are the wrongful subject of a DMCA notification, you
may file a counter-notification with Medium by providing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address below:
- The specific URLs of material that Medium has removed or to which Medium has disabled access.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or the federal district courts located in the City and County of San Francisco, California if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original DMCA notification or an agent of such person.
- The following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material in question was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or mis-identification.”
- Your signature.
Upon receipt of a valid counter-notification, Medium will forward it to the notifying party who submitted the original DMCA notification. The original notifying party (or the copyright holder he or she represents) will then have ten (10) days to notify us that he or she has filed legal action relating to the allegedly infringing material. If Medium does not receive any such notification within ten (10) days, we may restore the material to Medium Services.
Medium.com Designated Agent
Trust & Safety Team
A Medium Corporation
P.O. Box 602
San Francisco, CA 94104