Eligible college and university students 16 and older can get a 25% discount off one year of Medium membership. As a Medium member, you’ll get unlimited, ad-free access to Medium’s entire library of content. Learn more.
How to get a student discount
- Create a free UNiDAYS account and verify your student status.
- Go to the Medium UNiDAYS page and click the button to be directed to Medium.
- Create a Medium account, if you don’t already have one.
- Note: If you select the monthly plan, you will receive 25% off 12 consecutive months of membership. If you select the annual plan, you will receive 25% off one year of membership.
- Select either the monthly or annual membership plan option.
- Complete payment and enjoy your discounted membership!
- You don’t need to use your school email address to create a Medium or UNiDAYS account. You only need your school email address to verify your student status with UNiDAYS.
- Currently only students in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and India are eligible. If you are not a student in one of these countries, please stay tuned as we are looking to expand eligibility in the future.
- You can only redeem a student discount when checking out on desktop or mobile web. After completing checkout, you will be able to access your member benefits on the Medium iOS and Android apps.
- To redeem a discount on an active membership, you must cancel your membership in your settings and wait for it to expire. After it expires, you will be able to redeem your discount code at medium.com/discount.
- If you’re having an issue with verifying your student status, please contact the UNiDAYS support team.