To show your support for a Medium post and recommend it to your followers, click or tap the clap icon 👏.
Clapping for a story will notify the author that you applauded.
To see who applauded how many times for your posts:
- Navigate to the post page.
- Click the number near the clap icon.
- You'll see a list of applauders, and how many claps each one gave.
Only a post's author can see how many claps individual users gave. Readers will see only a list of who clapped.
Claps are replacing 💚 recommends on Medium. If your posts have already been recommended, one heart will convert to one clap automatically. People can also clap for old stories.
To remove or undo applause:
- From a post page, mouse over the clap button until an X appears > click the X.
- From your feed or homepage, click the down arrow icon > Undo applause.
- In iOS, navigate to the post itself, and tap the share icon (square with arrow, bottom left) > tap Undo claps.
How it works:
When ranking stories, our system will evaluate claps users give out on an individual basis, assessing their applause for a particular post relative to the number of claps they typically give.
You cannot clap for your own posts.
Claps on a post are limited to 50 per user.