When a reader lands on your story, the header is the first thing they see. There are a few formatting conventions that we highly recommend. These will help make your story look great and smoother to read. We recommend using a title and subtitle in order to provide a better experience for your readers. Before they start your story, they will have an idea of what they’re about to read. Think of it as a brief introduction of your story for your readers.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Articles in this section
- Interested in writing on Medium? Start here.
- The Writers Newsletter: Advice and Spotlights
- Follow Medium Writers: Tips, tricks, and tools for Medium creators
- Interested in Publications? Start here.
- Submit stories to Medium’s Editorial Group
- How to Write a Headline
- Best Practices for Formatting Your Stories
- Exercises to Clarify Your Stories
- Tips from Medium Curation
- SEO Best Practices