You can leave the Medium Partner Program at any time by contacting Medium Support.
Please note that while you're in the Partner Program, you can still publish stories that will be accessible publicly and not monetized. You can learn more about that in this article.
When you leave the Partner Program:
- You will no longer see or have access to your Partner Program dashboard
- You will no longer be able to make your stories eligible for earning money
- You will still be able to make your stories eligible for curator review. Selected stories will be put behind the paywall but not eligible for earning money
- Any earnings that haven't been paid out yet will NOT be paid out to your Stripe account
You can re-join the Partner Program at any time by contacting Medium Support.
Removing your Partner Program data from third-party service providers
- Your payment information (Stripe.com):
- Stripe Express users are currently unable to delete their Stripe Express accounts at this time, and Medium is working on enabling this option in the future. We understand the problems that can arise around this, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please bear with us.
- Stripe Standard users are able to delete their Stripe account from the Stripe dashboard.