iOS Push Notifications
The Medium iOS app provides a number of notification features to keep up to date on what’s happening with your content and network. Here is a list of the default notifications we provide, how they work, and how to modify their settings.
New posts from people you follow
Our app can send you a push notification instantly when a person you follow publishes something new. There are two settings: “Tailored for you” will send you the best new posts, with a limit of up to 5 a day. “From everyone” will deliver a notification from everyone, every time they publish something new — without limits.
Recommended stories in your network
When many of the people you follow start applauding and interacting with something that we think you’ll enjoy, our app may send you a notification letting you know about the story.
Interactions with you and on your stories
The network and interactions are the heart of the Medium experience, and our app can send you push notifications when someone:
- Follows you
- Applauds one of your stories
- Highlights within your stories
- Responds to one of your stories
- Mentions you in one of their stories
You can control whether or not your receive each of these notifications with the following settings:
- "Tailored for you" is the default, and limits these notifications to be only from people you follow.
- "From everyone" sends them all, even if you don’t follow the other person.
- "Off" stops sending the particular notification entirely.
Controlling your notifications
Tap 👤 > Settings > Push notifications to control the push notifications you receive at any time.