Upload WordPress archive
To migrate your WordPress blog to Medium, you will need to:
- Create a publication and be logged in as the owner.
- Have a WordPress XML archive to migrate.
Go to your publication's home page > click the publication icon > click Homepage and settings.
From the publication settings page:
- Click advanced > click Migrate stories.
- Click Start migration process.
- Click Upload archive. Note that only WordPress XML files may be uploaded at this time.
- While your upload is processing, you'll see a green progress bar. You can close this window and come later. Medium will email you it's finished.
- Click to review, edit or delete any imported stories.
- Click Publish stories.
- The stories will now be published over the course of several minutes, will retain their original publish dates and will not notify your followers.
Have more questions? Submit a Request