If you have a blog on Wordpress and would like to import your archive to Medium, you can do this using a simple import tool built into the platform.
Note: Medium only supports migrations from Wordpress. If your blog is on another platform, you can perform a manual migration instead with the import tool.
To migrate your WordPress blog to Medium, you will need to:
- Create a publication.
- Have a WordPress XML archive to migrate.
Note: Only publication owners can perform migrations.
- Go to your publication homepage and click on your publication avatar in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click Homepage and settings.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Migrate stories and Start migration process.
- From there, click Upload archive and upload your Wordpress XML archive.
- While your upload is processing, you'll see a green progress bar. You can close this window and come later. Medium will email you it's finished.
Reviewing your migrated posts
Once your archive is uploaded, you can choose any migrated story from the list to review, edit or delete it. When you're ready to publish your archive on your publication, click Publish stories in the top-right corner. The stories will now be published over the course of several minutes, will retain their original publish dates and will not notify your followers.