To block another Medium user:
- Go to their profile page.
- Click the down arrow next to the Follow button.
- Choose Block this user.
You can also block a user directly from any post they have written:
- Scroll to the bottom of the post.
- Click on the "..." icon.
- Click "Block this user" from the drop-menu.
Effects of blocking
When you block another user:
- Their posts will be removed from your feed and email digests, and you won't see them in the future.
- You won't be able to follow them. You can see their profile, but not their posts.
- Any responses they've left on your posts won't be visible to readers unless they visit the blocked user's profile page.
- Blocked users cannot leave notes, recommend, or otherwise interact with your content. They can @mention you, but you will not be notified.
- Blocked users will not be able to follow you or view your content while logged in. If a blocked user visits your profile, they’ll see a message that they’ve been blocked.
Manage blocked accounts
To modify blocked accounts, go to the Settings page > scroll down to Account section > click Manage blocked users.
From a user's profile page, click the red Blocked button to unblock them.
Abuse & Harassment
In addition to blocking, you may also report users on their profile page, or flag posts by scrolling to the bottom > click ... > Report story. Flagged users and posts will be reviewed by our Trust & Safety team to determine if a violation of our Rules has taken place, and to take appropriate action.
Should you have a conflict with another user which cannot be resolved simply by blocking their account or flagging their post, please contact us.