If you're contributing to a publication, you can submit your stories to the publication.
Your story can only be submitted to one publication at a time.
Submitting to a publication
- Open the story you want to submit a publication. Click the three-dot button at the top, then Edit story to enter the edit mode.
- In the edit mode, click the three-dot button in the top-right corner of the page to open your story settings.
- Select Add to publication from the menu.
- Choose the publication you intend to submit to and confirm.
- Click the Submit button at the top of the page and Submit to publication on the next screen.
- Open the draft you want to submit and enter the edit mode.
- Tap ⋮ in the top-right corner of the page.
- Tap Submit to a publication.
- Choose the publication you want to submit to and tap Save.
When will the story become part of the publication?
- If you are submitting a draft as a publication writer, the editors of that publication will need to review your draft and publish it. The draft will remain unpublished until the editors accept it and you will not be able to publish it before that happens.
- If you are submitting a draft as a publication owner or editor, you must then click the Publish button at the top of the screen to publish your draft as a story in that publication.
- If you are submitting a published story as a publication writer, the editors of that publication will need to review your draft and accept it into the publication.
- If you are submitting a published story as a publication owner or editor, your draft will be immediately submitted and accepted into the publication.
What happens when a story is published into a publication?
- Your story's URL will change to include the publication name or domain.
- Your story will still be visible on your profile page.
- Your story will be visible on the publication homepage.
- You will be credited as the author of the story and retain all rights to your content.
- If you are part of the Partner Program and the story is eligible for earning money, it will continue earning for member engagement as usual.
- You will be listed as a writer for that publication.
- Your story will be distributed in the feeds and digests of your followers, plus the followers of the publication.
- You and your editors will be able to edit, save changes, and view notes on your story. You will not receive notification of published changes.
- Your original pre-publication URL will still point to your story.
- You can remove your story from the publication at any time. Learn more.