Here are some common solutions to errors purchasing a Medium membership in our app using Google Play. If you still have problems after using this troubleshooting guide, please submit a request for our support team.
- Check your network connection:
Make sure you are connected to the internet by opening a browser window and loading a webpage. If you are not connect, see this article to fix your connection.
- Force quit the Medium app:
- On your device, open the main Settings app
- Tap Apps or Manage applications (depending on your device, this may be different)
- Tap the Medium app
- Tap Force stop.
- Re-open the Medium app
- Check if the Membership is reflected
- Reinstall the Medium app:
- On your mobile device, hold down the power button.
- Tap Power off or Restart (depending on your device this text may be different).
- If needed, hold down the power button again to turn the device back on.
- Wait for the device to start back up.
- Re-open the Medium app and see if the purchase has been delivered.
- Check if the payment went through:
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- At the top right, tap your Profile picture.
- Tap Payments & subscriptions Budget & history.
- If you don't see the Membership subscription, try your payment again
- Update the Play store app:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app .
- At the top right, tap the Profile picture.
- Tap Settings About Play Store version.
- The app updates or notifies you that your version is up to date.
- Make sure your device's time and date are correct:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your device's Settings app .
- Tap Date & time.
- Look for "Automatic date & time" and "Automatic time zone" and check if they’re switched on or off. Then follow the relevant steps below:
If "Automatic date & time" and "Automatic time zone" are turned off
- Turn on both the date & time and time zone settings.
- Wait a few minutes, and check to see if your problem is fixed.
- If it’s not, try restarting your device and check again.
If "Automatic date & time" and "Automatic time zone" are switched on
- If both of these settings are on, the date and time probably isn’t your issue.