Who can use this feature?
This feature is only available to editors of a Medium publication.
- Learn more about getting started with a Medium publication.
- Learn more about the differences between a Medium account and a Medium publication.
- To learn how to customize your user profile page instead, see this article.
If your publication is using the beta design tools, see this article instead.
Publication homepages are based on sections. You can add as many sections to your publication and customize how many stories they should contain and how they should behave.
- Go to your publication homepage and click your publication avatar in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click Homepage & settings.
- Click the Homepage tab.
Add new section
To create a new section, click the on the toolbar:
Add an optional title for the section.
Number of stories
To change how many stories appear in a section, click
Choose a source
To change which stories show up in a section, click the down arrow next to Stories.
- Latest: the most recently published stories from your publication.
- Trending: the most engaged stories from your publication.
- Featured: choose specific articles to feature.
- Tagged: use stories with a specific tag for this section.
To feature a story, choose Featured above > click Change.
Type the title of the story you want to feature or choose from the list that appears.
To change the display mode, click one of the following from the toolbar.
- Grid - post title and large image thumbnail appears in a block.
- Stream - post title only is displayed.
- List - post title displayed as in stream, with post image thumbnail.
- Mixed - one large featured image/title block appears block at left, with a small title list at right.
In grid mode only, you can set titles to appear on top of the image, or below it.
Also in grid mode only, you can choose to hide or show margins between post images.