As of February 5th, 2018 you will no longer be able to request a story on Medium to be added to your publication. You will still be able to add writers and editors to your publication, and those writers and editors can submit draft stories for you to review, edit, and publish.
Here’s what you need to know about this change:
- As of Monday, February 5th, you will no longer have the ability to request a story for your publication from the “•••” menu on story pages.
- Any outstanding story requests that you’ve sent to writers on Medium from your publication will remain valid until Monday, March 5th. Writers with those requests in their inbox will be able to accept or reject those requests until Monday, March 5th.
And to be clear, here’s what’s not changing:
- Any writer that you have published work from in the past will remain listed as a writer on your publication (unless you’ve removed them or they have left the publication), and those writers can submit stories to you for consideration.
- You can continue to add new writers (and manage existing ones) from your publication’s Settings screen.
- Drafts submitted by writers can still be reviewed, edited, and published in the same way as before this change. Learn more about all publication features in our help center.