Your publication can have multiple editors and writers with different permission levels.
Managing editors & writers
- Go to your publication homepage.
- Click the publication icon next to your profile picture.
- Click Homepage and settings.
- Scroll down to the section People.
Note: Publication management features are not supported on mobile apps.
Adding and removing editors and writers
To add a writer or an editor, type in their name or username and select them from the drop-down list. You can remove writers and editors from your publication in the same way. Be sure to click "Save" to confirm your changes.
To see the full list of editors and writers in your publication, click View all below Writers or go to your publication's About page by clicking the link in the footer.
Note: Only publication owners can add or remove publication editors.
Once a user gets added to a publication, they will be given permissions based on their role.
|Delete Medium publication||✔️|
|Add or remove publication editors||✔️|
|Add or remove publication writers||✔️||✔️|
|Change publication settings and layout||✔️||✔️|
|Access publication stats||✔️||✔️|
|Send publication letters||✔️||✔️|
|Accept or reject submitted posts to publication||✔️||✔️|
|Submit own posts to publication||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Edit submitted posts||✔️||✔️||only own posts|
|Remove posts from publication||✔️||✔️||only own posts|
When a user is removed from a publication:
- If they were a publication editor, they will no longer be able to access any publication settings, manage submissions, or submit their own stories to the publication (see table above). If they were a publication writer, they will no longer be able to submit new stories to the publication.
- Their stories published in the publication will still be submitted in the publication. Both the story author as well as publication editors can remove those submissions from the publication at any time.
If you're a publication owner and want to transfer the ownership of your publication to another editor in your publication, submit a support request.